For organizations undergoing significant change, retaining a career transition coach is an effective way to support people who are exiting the organization or those whose roles and responsibilities have changed.
Specialized career transition coaching helps people leverage their strengths and develop strategies for addressing gaps during a job search or career transition. A coaching program provides structure and accountability, offers direct feedback about behaviours, prompts new thinking and challenges people to take action.
Areas of focus for coaching include:
- Understanding the job market and how to conduct a proactive job search
- Articulating strengths, skills, values, interests and personal qualities to potential employers
- Generating job search options in different sectors and organizations
- Assistance with decision-making, goal-setting and action planning
- Developing a presence online and in person
- Researching potential opportunities beyond job postings
- Tactical job search skills and strategies
- Managing stress of a job search/organizational change
- Balancing professional and personal commitments during a job search/change
Career transition coaching involves a commitment of regular one-on-one sessions (in person or by phone). Packages are available over 3, 6 or 12 month periods. Each package is designed to meet the unique needs of the organization and affected individual.
Contact Lianne to discuss your needs and for an estimation of fees.