We have many years of experience coaching lawyers and other professionals at various stages in their careers, including first time job seekers, individuals exploring alternatives to practice, transitioning to self-employment and/or moving into leadership. With each client, we offer practical guidance to develop short and long term career goals, prepare an action plan and develop the skills necessary to make a successful move. At the end of coaching, clients can expect to have a better sense of the direction they want to take in their careers, increased self-confidence and strategies for making a successful transition.
What’s To Expect?
Coaching involves a commitment of regular one-on-one sessions (in person or over the phone) over a defined period of time – with a minimum expectation of 3 months. In between coaching sessions, clients can contact their coach for “just in time” advice. A typical coaching package includes:
- Initial consultation to clarify objectives
- Two coaching sessions per month
- Career Transition Workbook for Lawyers
- Brief email/phone calls in between scheduled coaching sessions
- Collaborative goal-setting, action planning and regular ongoing support
- Strategic advice on job search methods, research and marketing, networking and interviewing
- Exploring alternatives such as self-employment, short term contracts and retraining
- Feedback on resume, letter and professional profile
- Access to professional network
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality assessment and interpretive report (optional)
- Developing a personal wellness plan during a transition period